Although I manage all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, my specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children’s) orthopaedics.
My approach to private practice echoes his NHS work. He offers a professional, sympathetic service and aims to provide the best possible evidence-based treatment to his patients.
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London
His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the Percivall Pott Rotation.
He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and in children’s Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia.
As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely
- Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course
- Ponseti Course for Club feet
- Queens MRCS Mock Exam course
- Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency
He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital ‘Training Hospital of the Year 2014’ for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation.
My teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards.
- BHR- Star of the Month December 2012
- BHR Star of the Year-2013– Runner-up
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013
- Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation
- Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014
- Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation
- Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association
- Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016
- Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation